Saturday, May 05, 2007

finally i got my ass to drawing.

it's been probably 6 months since i drew last, so here is my attempt..

this group is small, meets saturday mornings, and they are all older people.. very nice people. we draw 5 1 minute gestures, and 3 45 minute poses. the model wasn't feeling well ,so we only did 2 45 min poses. the space is a gallery with studios in the rest of the building. and one of my old high school teachers has space there. the one that inspired me to stick with art after high school. i am so nostalgic!

anyway... here are my 2 drawings.


the model was insanely thin. great model though.


this is my first attempt ever at colored pastels. it took me a good 30 minutes to discover that i could get much better results if i blended all the colors with my hand. i need to watch some other people that are good at pastels and learn from them. :)

next week i think i heard the woman say there was going to be a male model. woo who!! it's been a long time since i've worked from a male model. i can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! -I've never gotten very good with color pastels! this looks nice! -very dimensional!
-JI

rb said...

thanks!! its a lot like painting i think.. at least my style of painting.. i'm going to try it again next week. or maybe this week.