Saturday, May 12, 2007

drawing dan.

today was a male model. he must be a regular model because he brought his calendar with him to make plans to model again! wooo who!

he was very nice. he looked a little bit like, and reminded me of, my old roommate JTs brother.

we did three forty minute poses.


pose number 1. i think this one is my favorite of the day.. one of these days i am going to finish a drawing.


pose number 2. pastels are sooo hard for me to use. i am going to look and see if they make pastel pencils so that i can block in color with the sticks, and then refine it with pencils. and i need a darker color than my current dark brown.


pose number 3

my moms school's art teacher was there. cath told me she goes. it was nice to see her, i hadn't seen her in years. she is so talented. i kinda think that i will alwyas look up to my teachers though, ya know. i'll never forget my first drawing teacher in college and how he wore jeans and asked us to call him jon. i think i fell in love with him at that moment. he set the bar in my opinion, i don't care how good i get, i don't think i could ever be as good as he was. he was my hero!

i think i can mke it next week too. then i have plans for the next two weekends in a row. maybe in those two weeks i can make it to a wed or thurs night class.

3 comments:

elle m kay said...

that one is only your favorite because you can see his winky. :)

sincity29 said...

Oh I am so jealous, we don't have nude drawing around here, and If we did I would have a partner to go with, maybe i can just do drawings off Jr's Playboy magazine, not the same I need the real people with actual curves and cellulite, and men as well, red balls are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

i like the unfinished drawings. its cool how the realistic blended areas turn into sketched lines. i especially like the one of the woman. it looks like she's coming to life out of the paper- like that scary girl comes out of the t.v. in The Ring!